Wednesday, July 16, 2008

7/16/08 - 3 Days and 22 hours

We did our last California workout this morning. It was a 30 minute run on the Santa Ana River Trail. It was my first real run in 2 weeks and my Achilles held up pretty well. As we returned to the gym we commented to each other that it feels like we have been slacking off over the last few weeks as the workouts have been slowly tapering off. That got me thinking. I decided to do the math on how many hours we have worked out and the number of miles we have travelled over the past 26 weeks.

Here it is:

Hours worked out over
the last 26 weeks
Swim hours / miles Bike
hours / miles
Run
hours / miles
337 Hours

66 hours / 75 miles

181 hours / 3,077 miles 90 hours / 540 miles
Over 200,000 calories burned


WOW and to think we have 16 more weeks of this intense training when we get back from Lake Placid. In a moment of weakness last May, we signed up for Ironman Arizona which takes place on November 23, 2008. That clearly puts us in the 'are you out of your mind' category.


Here is the race day forecast:



So today I have one last e-stem and laser treatment on my Achilles and a one hour massage to work out the last of my aches and pains. Then it is off to Long Beach for the red eye flight to Vermont.

No comments: