Monday, July 28, 2008

7/28/08 Update from Chris

We made it back from IM Lake Placid last night. My mom, Christina and I spent the week after the race in Vermont visiting family and friends. I spent the week doing a lot of stretching as well as some light weight lifting, sit-ups and pushups. On Saturday I went for my first run. I returned our rental car and then ran back to the house. It was a hard 3.5 miles but my Achilles felt good.

We had a really long day of travel yesterday. We boarded a plane in Vermont for a 6am flight that didn't end up leaving until about 7:45am. This caused us to miss our next flight out of New York. So we had lunch and boarded our next flight at noon which was supposed to arrive in California at 2:50pm. As we taxied out to the runway a thunderstorm rolled in which stopped all out going flights. We sat in the plane on the runway for over five hours. The flight finally took off around 5:30pm. We landed in Long beach around 8pm and made it home around 10pm.

This morning I woke up at 6am still very tired from yesterdays travel, but wanted to get a small workout in. So I did some stretching and spent 30 minutes doing sit-ups and pushups.

I now have my sights set on Ironman Arizona which takes place in Tempe the weekend before Thanksgiving. I have an ambushes goal of breaking 12 hours this time. I went into Lake Placid much heavy than I hoped. I really struggled with my diet this time around. I just couldn't eat enough food. So I ended up on race day at 205 lbs. I have 16 weeks until Arizona to reach my goal weigh of 185lbs.

No comments: